Welcome to Top Five Tuesday! On the second Tuesday of each month, I will be sharing a Top Five list of some kind here on the blog. It may be a list of movies, recipes, vacation spots, Bible verses, books…the possibilities are endless! If you have a blog, I’d love for you to join in and share your Top Five list each month as well! Make sure to put a link to your post in the comments and link your blog back to mine so my readers and I can check out your post! If you don’t have a blog, you can still share or add to/comment about my lists in the comments section. I’d love to hear from you!
This month, I’m going to be sharing my Top Five Makeup Bag Essentials.
I used to be a makeup hoarder. I have always loved playing with makeup and trying new products, but as I’ve gotten older, I have settled into a quick beauty routine and found the products that work best for me. For my basic beauty routine, I keep it pretty simple – just sticking to these five products. If I want a more dramatic look, I’ll play up my eyes or go with a bright color on my lips, but these five products are my go-tos for every occasion from staying home all day to a date night with my husband and everything in between.
- Moisturizer- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel from Clinique – I love this gel because it is lighter and less greasy than a lotion, and it is perfect for my combination skin.
- Foundation – MAC Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation in NC15 – I used to wear a tinted moisturizer as my foundation, but I needed a little more coverage. This gives nice, buildable coverage without being too heavy or looking too caked on, and I love that it has SPF in it.
- Blush – Wet n Wild ColorIcon Ombré Blush – This blush is great. It blends really easily and looks totally natural. The best thing about this is that you can get it at Walmart or Target for less than $5.
- Mascara – L’Oréal Paris Waterproof Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black – I used to be all about Maybelline mascara, but I saw a makeup artist doing a drugstore makeup video on YouTube and she recommended this brand, so I tried it. I have never looked back. This mascara is perfect. It really is waterproof and stays put all day long.
- Lips – LipSense by SeneGence color and gloss (color shown here is Praline Rose) – Lipstick has always been a problem for me. My lips are pretty much always chapped. It doesn’t matter how much I exfoliate them or how much Chapstick I put on, they stay chapped. Because of this, it’s really hard for me to find a good lipstick. The ones that are long wearing are too drying, and the moisturizing ones don’t last long or end up smeared on my teeth, cups, or clothes. LipSense actually stays put all day long without me having to re-apply it and the gloss that seals the color in is super moisturizing and has really helped heal my permanently chapped lips. This is by far the best lip product I have ever used.
What are your top five beauty products? Post them in the comments or write your own blog post and link up with me by sharing your blog in the comments section!
Notes: My makeup bag (shown in the picture above) is from Vera Bradley. I’ve had it since high school (many, many years ago), and this color is retired now, but you can usually find it on eBay. It’s called Java Blue.
The two brushes shown in the picture are the ones that I use every day. The top one is a Blush Brush by Mark by Avon. The bottom one is my foundation brush – Brush 170 by MAC.
Top Five Tuesday Schedule
I’d love for you to link up with me for Top Five Tuesday each month! Here’s the schedule for the rest of the year:
- July – Top Five Makeup Bag Essentials
- August – Top Five Cookbooks
- September – Top Five Best TV Shows
- October – Top Five Healthy Snacks
- November – Top Five Best Phone Apps
- December – Top Five Christmas Movies